The following programs and assessments are utilized in all classrooms:
- Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark Assessment
- This assessment is administered at the beginning and end of each school year. This assessment focuses on the students’ reading fluency and comprehension skills. Teachers utilize the information from the F&P Benchmarks to help determine a student’s independent and instructional reading levels.
- Scholastic Reading Inventory (SRI)
- This computerized assessment is administered periodically throughout the year to gauge students’ progress towards in Language Arts Literacy. This assessment focuses on the students’ understanding of vocabulary, sentence structure and contextual clues.
- Scholastic Reading Counts (SRC)
- This computerized program is utilized as part of our reading incentive program and homework. Students completed short comprehension quizzes after completing a book and earn points for achieving a passing score.